Source: Frank Isola and Mitch Lawrence / New York Daily News
The NBA will be cancelling at least two more weeks of its season, according to a person familiar with the league’s plans.
The source told the Daily News that the announcement will be made by the league on Tuesday.
With talks broken off between the owners and players, and the two sides far apart on major “system” issues, the cancellations are expected to total at least 102 more games, through Nov. 28. No further talks are in the works.
The league made its first cancellations, totalling 100 games and running from the Nov. 1 season opener through Nov. 14, on Oct. 10. Commissioner David Stern had said last week on WFAN that he thought that the league’s showcase Christmas Day games would be cancelled if a deal had not been reached by last Tuesday.
To read this article in its entirety visit the New York Daily News.