WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain’s campaign denied allegations that emerged Sunday saying he was twice accused of sexual harassment while he was the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.
In the campaign’s most definitive statement today, campaign manager and chief of staff Mark Block said that Cain had never engaged in any sort of sexual harassment, disputing a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees during his time as head of the restaurant lobby.
“Herman Cain has never sexually harassed anybody. Period. End of story,” Block said on MSNBC’s Daily Rundown.
The report said the women signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them five-figure financial payouts to leave the association and barred them from discussing their departures. Neither woman was identified.
To read this article in its entirety visit MSNBC.