Wal-Mart says it has recalled a quantity of infant formula this week after a baby died in Missouri.
“We extend our deepest condolences to this baby boy’s family as they try to come to grips with their loss,” said Dianna Gee, a Wal-Mart spokeswoman. ” As soon as we heard what happened, we immediately reached out to the manufacturer of the formula and to the Department of Health and Senior Services to provide any information we may have to help with the investigation.”
Wal-Mart said it is pulled a batch of Enfamil from its stores nationwide that matched the size and lot number of the formula that may have sickened the baby in Missouri, Gee said.
That lot number is ZP1K7G. The baby formula was purchased from a Wal-Mart in Lebanon, Missouri. After the purchase, a 10-day-old infant died from a rare bacterial infection, CNN affiliate KYTV reported.
To read this article in its entirety visit CNN.