Grandma’s Pot Cookies Land 3-Year-Old Southern California Boy In Hospital

Source: AP / CBS News

MURRIETA, Calif. – Police say a 3-year-old Southern California boy ended up in the hospital after eating his grandmother’s marijuana-laced cookies.

Murietta police Sgt. Phil Gomez told the Riverside Press-Enterprise Monday that the grandmother, a cancer patient, had a doctor’s recommendation to use marijuana to ease her pain.

Gomez says she had baked a batch of drug-laced cookies and stored them in a garage refrigerator.

The toddler’s father had seen cookie crumbs in the garage but the family grew concerned only when they couldn’t wake the toddler after more than 16 hours of sleep and realized he had consumed the cookies.

To read this article in its entirety visit CBS News.

Protected with Antivirus