Quantcast

NOW AVAILABLE: THE FIRST



AJC: Students, Adults Overcome By Carbon Monoxide At Atlanta School

Source: Mike Morris and John Spink / The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Nearly 50 people were taken to local hospitals Monday after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a southwest Atlanta elementary school.

The incident began about 8:30 a.m. at Finch Elementary School in the 1100 block of Avon Avenue near Lee Street.

“We received reports of five or six people unconscious,” Atlanta fire Capt. Marian McDaniel told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Crews arriving on the scene did not encounter anyone that was unconscious, but there were several students and teachers feeling ill.”

Forty-three students were taken to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta at Hughes Spalding, and a spokesperson for Grady Memorial Hospital told Channel 2 Action News that six adults were being brought in for evaluation.

To read this article in its entirety visit The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags:

Follow Roland Martin Reports on Twitter

Follow Roland S. Martin's Timeline On Facebook

Get Roland Martin Reports in your inbox!
Sign up for Roland Martin Reports Daily News Update powered by FeedBurner

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien