Source: AP / The Grio
ORLANDO, Fla. — Attorneys for the former neighborhood watch volunteer charged with shooting Trayvon Martin to death on Wednesday asked for more time to prepare his case, saying prosecutors had been slow to turn over evidence.
At the same time, Zimmerman’s lead attorney, Mark O’Mara, renewed his request for donations to George Zimmerman’s legal defense, which he said could cost up to $1 million.
“The state has virtually unlimited resources to prosecute George,” O’Mara said on Zimmerman’s defense fund website. “To finance his defense, however, George relies on the generosity of individuals who believe he is innocent.”
Spokesman Shawn Vincent said Zimmerman’s attorneys want his second-degree murder trial to be moved from June to November. Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty.
To read this article in its entirety visit theGrio.