Source: John Avalon / The Daily Beast
Glenn Beck is rebranding himself as – get this – the alternative to “far-right, far-left” polarized debates on cable news, dominated by people “yelling at each-other.”
“We’re not going to play in that crazy space as a network,” he announced earnestly.
The irony meter just died. Hypocrisy and chutzpah had a child.
This is, after all, the man who rode to riches by screaming louder and crazier than anyone else in the collective conservative nervous breakdown known as Obama Derangement Syndrome circa 2009 and 2010. Here are just a few of his unhinged greatest hits, lest we forget:
• “There is a coup going on. There is a stealing of America … done through the guise of an election.”
• “They’re marching us to a non-violent fascism. Or to put it another way, they’re marching us to 1984. Big Brother. Like it or not, fascism is on the rise.”
• “The president is a Marxist … who is setting up a class system.”
• “The health care bill is reparations. It’s the beginning of reparations.”
• “We are a country that is headed towards socialism, totalitarianism, beyond your wildest imagination.”
• “The government is a heroin pusher using smiley-faced fascism to grow the nanny state”
To read this article in its entirety visit The Daily Beast.