Quantcast

NOW AVAILABLE: THE FIRST



Martin Richard, 8-Year-Old Boston Bombing Victim, Laid To Rest

Source: Alyssa Newcomb / ABC News

A private funeral was held for 8-year-old Martin Richard today, the youngest victim in the Boston Marathon bombing.

“The outpouring of love and support over the last week has been tremendous. This has been the most difficult week of our lives and we appreciate that our friends and family have given us space to grieve and heal,” the Richard family said in a statement.

Today’s funeral mass was attended only by family, but a public memorial service is being planned for the coming weeks.

A photograph released after the April 15 terrorist attack showed the Richard family standing on Boylston Street watching the marathon before two bombs exploded near the finish line. In the background of the frame is a man authorities said was the alleged bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19.

To read this article in its entirety visit ABC News.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags:

Follow Roland Martin Reports on Twitter

Follow Roland S. Martin's Timeline On Facebook

Get Roland Martin Reports in your inbox!
Sign up for Roland Martin Reports Daily News Update powered by FeedBurner

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien