Source: AP / CBS News
SANFORD, Fla. – Once seated, the jury will be sequestered in the high-profile murder trial of George Zimmerman, the man accused in the 2012 shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, a judge said Thursday.
The judge’s ruling came during the fourth day of questioning jury candidates about what media stories they had been exposed to about the neighborhood watch volunteer’s fatal shooting of 17-year-old Martin during an altercation in a Sanford gated community last year.
The trial is anticipated to last two to four weeks, Circuit Judge Debra Nelson said, less time than the anticipated four to six weeks.
The jurors will be “kept together with court security and not allowed to go outside except in special circumstances,” defense attorney Don West said in court Thursday afternoon, speaking to a potential juror.
To read this article in its entirety visit CBS News.