It is the first time the two have been face to face since Garcia made a “fried chicken” comment directed at Woods on May 21 at a European Tour function outside of London.
Garcia has since apologized, both in a statement and during a news conference, and Woods said at the Memorial Tournament two weeks ago that the matter was done, that it was time to move on.
Still, there had been no face-to-face apology from Garcia. Asked about their brief exchange after a practice round Monday, Woods politely said “I’m not going there” and simply made reference to a Tuesday news conference in advance of the U.S. Open at Merion.
To read this article in its entirety visit ESPN.