ABC NEWS: Martin Family In ‘Disbelief’ Over Verdict, Says Family Attorney (VIDEO)

Source: Kari Rea / ABC News

Trayvon Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said on “This Week” that the family is “in disbelief” after the jury delivered a “not guilty” verdict on Saturday night in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial.

“They are still in disbelief about his death and now they are in disbelief about this verdict,” Crump told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.

“They are trying to make sense of it,” Crump added. “They want people to know that they’re going to continue to fight for the legacy of their son, that he had every right to walk home from the 7-Eleven and not expect to be profiled and followed by a strange man.  ”

The case made headlines last year when Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, claimed self-defense after fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on  Feb. 26, 2012 in Sanford, Florida.

To read this article in its entirety visit ABC News.