Mandela Children Reburied At Gravesite | Roland Martin Reports

Mandela Children Reburied At Gravesite

Source:  Jason Straziuso / AP / ABC News

The remains of Nelson Mandela’s three deceased children were reburied at their original resting site on Thursday, a day after a court ordered their return two years after a Mandela grandson moved the bodies.

Family members and community elders attended a ceremony on the Mandela property that included the singing of hymns. The reburial took place in Qunu, Mandela’s hometown and the place the former president has said he wants to be buried. Forensic tests earlier confirmed the remains were those of Mandela’s children.

Grandson Mandla Mandela moved the bodies to his village of Mvezo — Nelson Mandela’s birthplace — in 2011. The two towns are about 25 kilometers (15 miles) apart. Fifteen Mandela family members pursued court action last week to force the grandson to move the bodies.

The bitter family feud comes as Mandela remains in critical condition nearly a month after being hospitalized for a recurring lung infection. A Mandela family court affidavit, obtained by the Mail and Guardian newspaper, said Mandela is on life support in the form of a breathing respirator.

To read this article in its entirety visit ABC News.