Source: Joanna Stern / ABC News
Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old Chinese woman, picked up her iPhone 5 to answer a call while the battery was charging and was electrocuted last Thursday, according to a report from Chinese news outlet Xinhaunet.
Apple is looking into the report. “We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter,” Apple’s Beijing-based spokesperson Carolyn Wu told ABC News.
Apple would not comment further on the case when reached by ABC News.Reuters first reported on Apple’s investigation on Monday.
According to Xinhaunet, Ma Ailun, from China’s western Xinjiang region and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, bought the iPhone in December at an Apple store and was using the original charger to charge it.
To read this article in its entirety visit ABC News.