Source: Michael Winter / USA Today
Florida prosecutors said Wednesday that they would not file domestic violence charges against George Zimmerman after his girlfriend told police he had pointed a shotgun at her three weeks ago.
The move comes two days after Zimmerman submitted an affidavit from Samantha Scheibe stating she did not want “my boyfriend” charged with aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief. She said investigators had misinterpreted her statements about the Nov. 18 incident at the home in Apopka, Seminole County, that she had been sharing with Zimmerman.
“I want to be with George,” the 27-year-old Scheibe said in the affidavit she signed Friday.
Scheibe called 911 to report that he had pointed a shotgun at her, smashed a glass-top coffee table, pushed her outside and locked himself inside after she told him to move out. A search warrant revealed that Zimmerman had five guns and more than 100 rounds of ammunition when deputies arrested him.
To read this article in its entirety visit the USA Today.
Get Roland Martin Reports in your inbox!
Sign up for Roland Martin Reports Daily News Update powered by FeedBurner