• After La La Land was incorrectly announced as the winner for Best Picture a correction was made on stage revealing that Moonlight had actually won the Oscar for Best Picture.
• The NAACP is preparing to launch an economic boycott against North Carolina.
• Former Labor Secretary Tom Perez has become the newly elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee in Atlanta this weekend.
• HBCU’s are in the spotlight this week as President Trump is expected to sign an executive order as early as today that will give the schools a financial boost.
• Soul singer, producer and songwriter Leon Ware died Thursday at the age of 77 and one of the most unsung Hall of Fame drummers in history, Clyde Stubblefield. Stubblefield died of kidney failure at the age of 73.
• Highlights from the 89th Academy Awards featuring Viola Davis’ acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress, Mahershala Ali’s acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actor + Moonlight‘ wins Best Picture.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast