• Leaders of at least 60 HBCU’s met with President Trump and Vice President Pence on Monday in anticipation of an Executive Order that will give a much-needed financial boost to the more than 100 schools around the country.
• Roland Martin, host and Managing Editor of TV One’s NewsOne Now blasted Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos for her statement calling the creation of HBCUs “school choice.”
• Tonight, President Donald Trump will talk about health care, among other topics, in a nationally televised address to a joint session of Congress.
• Attorney General Jeff Sessions is acting as civil rights groups had feared. The Department of Justice is dropping its argument that Texas’ stringent voter I.D. law violates the Voting Rights Act.
• A new report by the Association for Enterprise Opportunity entitled “The Tapestry of Black Business Ownership in America” reveals the roadblocks that are preventing African American businesses from experiencing exponential growth.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast