• Two House committees approved the GOP health care bill after a combined 45 hours of debate that continued through Thursday night.
Some Republicans in the House and Senate are saying not so fast. Among their objections, they’re opposed to the bill moving at such a fast pace without a known price tag.
• The Department of Housing and Urban Development headed by Dr. Ben Carson is considering $6 billion in budget cuts according to documents obtained by the Washington Post.
• Congressman Elijah Cummings met with President Donald Trump on Wednesday to discuss reducing the cost of prescription drugs.
The Congressman also took the opportunity to straighten out the president on his controversial views on voter fraud and inner cities.
• The struggle for power between Republican state lawmakers and Democratic Governor Roy Cooper is continuing to rage on.
• Major confusion this week over whether the current president of Morehouse College is really still the president.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast