• In light of new information, the Justice Department says it is looking at reopening the Emmett Till case, but the DOJ is warning against raised expectations.
• President Trump removed his controversial chief strategist Steve Bannon as a principle member of the National Security Council a posting made in January that drew widespread bipartisan criticism.
• Pepsi was blasted on social media for their tone-deaf Kendall Jenner ad and accused them of whitewashing demonstrations against police brutality where protesters have been attacked.
• In his latest book, ‘Politics: Another Perspective, Commentary and Analysis on Race, War, Ethics and the American Political Landscape in the Age of Obama’, Dr. Wilmer Leon offers a collection of cutting edge writings on many issues that have influenced the American political landscape since 2006. This book offers both reflection and insight as the direction of this country questionably shifts.
• The 32nd annual Stellar Awards will air here on TV One on Sunday at 6pm. Co-host of the awards and gospel star Anthony Brown joined guest host Michelle Bernard during Thursday’s edition of NewsOne Now to breakdown of gospel’s biggest night.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast