Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
• Critics are going after Republicans over the Senate Health Care bill despite the bill being pulled from the schedule this week. Many say the Senate GOP bill is dead, but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is planning to revise the health care bill when the Senate returns after the July 4th recess.
Protesters say they are ready for a fight and they are not waiting until after the recess, many groups have already started rallying against the Senate Republican health care bill.
• Michigan sues Flint after the City Council refuses to approve a long-term water deal. 1st Ward Councilman Eric Mays spoke with Roland Martin during Thursday’s edition of NewsOne Now about why the council has no approved the deal.
• A stunning report new report reveals adults perceive Black girls to be less innocent, need less protection / nurturing, know more about sex and seem older than similar age white girls.
• #WalkingWhileBlack: A cop in Jacksonville, FL incorrectly cited a law requiring identification while giving a ticket to a Black man for jaywalking and for not having an ID on him.
• Several DC teens were detained by undercover U.S. Park Police officers for selling bottled water on the Washington Mall without a permit. After a photo of the incident went viral, two of the teens were offered a job.
• New dashcam video has emerged showing a police officer slamming an unarmed man to the ground during a traffic stop.
• The documentary “Copwatch” centers around a citizen watchdog group called ‘We Cop Watch’ that records police and interactions. The film is bringing national attention to those who have captured video of the most horrific cases of police brutality in the past few years.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast
Listen, download and subscribe to the “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on Google Podcasts
Subscribe to “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on iTunes.