Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
• Attorney General Jeff Sessions testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee and refused to answer any questions about his private conversations with President Trump.
• House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and a number of congressional aides were shot in Virginia at a GOP baseball practice.
• Senate Republicans are reportedly close to finishing up their version of a new health care bill. They are keeping details of the measure secret while trying to get it to the Senate floor for a vote before the 4th of July recess.
• The results are in for the Virginia primaries. Ralph Northam, the current lieutenant governor, won the Democratic nomination in the race for governor. Justin Fairfax, who was on NewsOne Now on Monday, won Lieutenant Governor with 49-percent of the vote, defeating Susan Platt and Gene Rossi.
• After 14 years as Prairie View A&M University’s President, George Wright is stepping down to return to the school’s faculty.
• Jurors are still deliberating the fate of entertainer Bill Cosby in his aggravated indecent assault trial, but his spokesman started some drama outside of the courtroom – and prosecutors are furious!
• Reverend Carlton Lee, the Ferguson, Missouri chapter president for the National Action Network, has died at the age of 34.
• After spending nearly 20 years in the prison system and several years addicted to drugs, Susan Burton finally found help for her addiction. She was able to change her life as well as the lives of other women with similar struggles.
In her memoir “Becoming Ms. Burton: From Prison to Recovery to Leading the Fight for Incarcerated Women,” Burton reveals the damaging effects of mass incarceration on women, children, and families.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast
Listen, download and subscribe to the “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on Google Podcasts
Subscribe to “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on iTunes.