• The fight for voting rights continues as lawmakers introduce new legislation. Rev. William Barber and members of the clergy will march on the US Capitol today to mark the Shelby vs. Holder anniversary and challenge Republicans on voting rights.
• Senate Republicans have finally released a draft of their plan to overhaul the Affordable Care Act. The proposal was written in secrecy and for the first time Democrats and most Republican Senators got a chance to read it.
• The Power Talk Series brings together speakers and scholars to address the issues of concern to African Americans as well as inspire and empower our community. This year, the 4th annual Power Talk Series will honor social activist and comedian Dick Gregory.
• This year’s Essence Festival will feature 50 performing artists and 100 speakers over four days.
Essence Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, Vanessa DeLuca joined Roland Martin on NewsOne Now to preview the 2017 Essence Festival.
• “All Eyez on Me” Director Benny Boom talks about how he got involved with the movie about rapper Tupac Shakur, and the trials and tribulations of the troubled genius.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast