• President Donald Trump’s voter fraud commission is getting zero cooperation from over 40 states who refuse to provide voters’ personal information they’re seeking. A privacy group just filed an emergency request to block the commission’s efforts.
• The GOP health care bill will hurt the biggest beneficiaries of the Affordable Care Act, African American women, millions of whom gained access to preventive and early detection treatment.
Alencia Johnson, the Director of Constituency Communications for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Michael Steele, former RNC Chair and ABC’s Political Director Rick Kline discussed the latest developments in the GOP’s ongoing attempt to repeal / replace the Affordable Care Act
• A judge ruled Florida’s updated “Stand Your Ground” Law is unconstitutional.
• On Monday, a Miami-Dade Circuit Judge said changes made to the 2005 statute, which were backed by the National Rifle Association, should have been crafted by the Florida Supreme Court instead of by the legislature.
• The mother of a black high school student in Mississippi who graduated at the top of her class says her daughter had to share valedictorian honors with a white student, who had a lower grade point average. Now the mother is suing the school district.
• The nationwide manhunt for the man charged with the senseless killing of 18-year-old Bianca Roberson in a fit of road rage is finally over. 28-Year-Old David Desper turned himself in and was charged in the road rage killing of 18-year-old Bianca Roberson.
• Mayor Rahm Emanuel introduced a plan that says in 2020, students in Chicago’s public school system will be required to have post-graduation plans in order to graduate.
• 5G Technology will enhance the quality of living in new “smart cities” around the country, but how will people of color benefit from this new technology?
A new report from the Joint Center of Political and Economic Studies examines how new 5G technology will affect communities of color.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast
Listen, download and subscribe to the “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on Google Podcasts
Subscribe to “NewsOne Now” Audio Podcast on iTunes.