• The NAACP education task force compiled a report, that basically reaffirms its original call to stop the expansion of public charter schools until a series of steps are taken to make sure that public school districts particularly those that serve black and other children of color in poor neighborhoods are not harmed.
• President Trump is facing a backlash from Senate Republicans as a healthcare amendment to outright repeal the Affordable Care Act goes down in flames.
• In a move that even caught the Pentagon by surprise, President Trump took to Twitter to announce a ban on transgender people serving in the military.
• “My Black is Beautiful,” a beauty brand owned by Procter and Gamble, is showing the impact of racism through the eyes of black parents struggling to explain an unjust world to their children.
• In her first appearance since leaving the White House, Former First Lady Michelle Obama is opening up about the racism she endured during that time.
• Cutting Grass While Black? A Black man cutting grass and passing out business cards in the Houston, Texas area is claiming a deputy brutalized him for being Black. A portion of the confrontation was caught on camera.
• WTH?! Thursday: A company in Wisconsin is offering a different way for their employees to enhance their experience on the job by embedding a microchip in their hands.
+ A father and son got a little scared when they heard a “bump” in the night on their roof. Upon investigating the source of the bump they found a pack of sausage … but how did it get there?
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast