• Houston, Texas the nation’s fourth largest city is practically underwater after unprecedented flooding clogged the city after Hurricane Harvey slammed the state. And it’s not over yet. Meteorologist Paul Goodloe joined Roland Martin on #NewsOneNow during a special TJMS simulcast to detail the latest developments in Houston.
• Donald Trump pardoned controversial former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio under the cover of Hurricane Harvey. #45’s move was met with outrage by Latinos, civil rights groups and many Republicans.
Alex Cristobal, President of the Latino Victory Project joined Roland Martin on NewsOne Now to discuss Arpaio’s pardon + Watch portions of Martin’s exchange with Trump friend Chris Ruddy from Sunday’s edition of “This Week” on ABC.
• There’s been an arrest and there’s a warrant out for a second suspect in the brutal beating of DeAndre Harris the black man viciously beaten by a mob of white men wielding everything from metal flag poles to umbrellas.
• At least 1,000 pastors, led by the Rev. Al Sharpton will hold a rally later today at the Martin Luther King Memorial in response to the white supremacist and Nazi sympathizer demonstrations in Charlottesville. The faith leaders will also be challenging President Trump on his response
• Don’t miss Roland S. Martin’s latest commentary addressing the need for the African American community to control its own economic power.
All that and more in this edition of the NewsOne Now Audio Podcast